Wednesday 4 December 2013

Weird Wednesday - Weird sewing habits?

Just a mini post today, but I wanted to ask - what's your weirdest sewing habit? 

This is mine:
I can't sew if my right foot (the pedal foot) has a shoe on. I just can't. I need to be able to feel the pedal, and be able to easily manipulate it and move it around, and I just can't with a shoe on. 
It used to get me into a tonne of trouble when I had to do Home Economics at high school, because shoes had to be on in the HomeEc rooms cause there were sharp things that might fall on the floor. I did point out numerous times that I'd been sewing since I was like 8 or 9, and that my mother was one of the HomeEc teachers, but it never really helped. I'd still get told off. 
And now I have my partner giving me weird looks when I get up from sewing and go to the kitchen to get a drink - apparently it isn't normal to walk around one's house with only one shoe on!

What's your weirdest sewing habit?

No comments:

Post a Comment